LISTENING IN – Public Radio Series – 1980-84
- 'Listening In' explores the lives and art of leading jazz musicians in a series of half-hour radio programs.
- This unique collection of personal portraits serves as an introduction to and celebration of America's great musical art form.
- Produced in Los Angeles from 1980-1984 by on-air host Bob Rosenbaum, it was broadcast over National Public Radio (NPR) station KCRW-FM in Santa Monica, as well as Australian Broadcasting's ABC-FM network, and independent radio stations.
- 'Listening In' interweaves music with interviews to create a free-flowing, often intimate encounter with each artist. Source interviews were conducted in artists' homes and in the studio, as well as at performance sites.
- Contact Bob for information on obtaining segments or source interviews from the series.
Listening In Excerpts